Following the government announcement on 31st October 2020 of a second national lockdown we have updated our Coronavirus policy in line with the latest Government health advice relating to the spread of the disease. Our team will continue to follow Government recommendations – with the aim of protecting our clients, our staff and the wider public.
Despite this being a national lockdown the legislation does allow us to continue to book work in occupied homes and commercial premises. This said we are not operating in the same way as before the pandemic. We have spent time developing our COVID-19 working practices to ensure that both the planning and execution of our work is done so in a manner that is safe for all.
Remote and Onsite Painting Estimates in Oxford
At Lets Decorate we have always promised a superior level of painting and decorating service in Oxford. We reassure our customers of our quality and expertise and this includes the way we estimate for work.
We are able to offer both the usual on-site visits to compile quotations, abiding by all social distancing requirements, and also extensive options to do this remotely. If you would like a contactless process for your estimate we can:
- Estimate from photos or videos that you send us
- Discuss your project via Video Call (Zoo, Skype, Facetime etc)
- Drive by your property to look at external projects
Working in your home during this period
Along with an easy estimate stage we will also plan and carry out any work in your home with an equal amount of consideration.
Prior to the commencement of work we will be in contact with the client to enable us to complete a risk assessment for the job. At this stage we will go through a number of questions to determine:
- If anybody in the household is isolating because one or more family member has COVID-19 symptoms, at which stage works will be postponed
- Before every visit we will check again whether anyone in the house has developed any Coronavirus symptoms.
- We will ask whether anyone else might be visiting the household, for example other tradespeople or carers so you can time the job to avoid them.
We have introduced the following to our working practices to ensure all jobs are carried out in a safe manner:
- Personal Protective Equipment – All Lets Decorate staff can wear face masks and gloves for the duration of works if requested
- All of our workforce have been asked to follow the WHO’s standard infection control measures including regular cleaning of hands
- Social Distancing – In most cases we will only have one staff member on a job at any one time to reduce close working. Our risk assessment will outline plans and process to maintain social distance from occupants and the public.
- Contactless Key Handover – We are able to install coded key safes at job sites to reduce the need for meeting for key handover. This is particularly applicable for landlords/agents of empty rental properties.
We will keep the information on this page updated regularly and as Government health recommendations change.
If you would like to discuss and plan your Oxford painting project please feel free to contact us for more information.
Also, here are some resources to help you select a reputable painting and decorating contractor in Oxford: